Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings Is Waking Up Everyday and Fulfilling My Life The Way I Want To. -Rick Goodfriend
What’s up FLY Zone,
Today with me on Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings is Rick Goodfriend. Rick is a Communications Expert, so he brought valuable information to share on the show, as we discussed many issues dealing with communicating dysfunctionally in everyday life. After listening to today’s episode, you will be able to bring more calm, ease and trust into your personal and business relationships, instantly. This episode to great to listen to, no matter what age you are. If you can breathe and you have a beating heart, this episode will give you the tools to become a better communicator, which is great for everyone. You will feel the positive effects of this episode if you listen with an an open mind.
But enough of that. Allow me to share Rick’s bio with you…
- Author of the book “I Hear You, But…” with over 100 communication tips
- Author of 2 CD’s. “Creating Instant Calm” and “Creating Extraordinary Business Relationships”
- Certified by the California State Bar to teach “Enhancing Attorney – Client Relationships to attorneys
- On over 300 radio and TV shows discussing these proactive communication skills. He enjoy taking calls from viewers and showing alternatives to their challenging communication situations.
- Experienced with12 years under his belt, teaching these skills to the public and business comes from actually using the skills daily to enrich his relationships and 200 hrs. of instruction.
- Teaching these skills to therapists, psychologists, attorneys and professionals, as these skills and consciousness are not usually taught in colleges.
- Advocating Spirituality. When using empathic listening it is a spiritual experience as 2 people connect with each other, sometimes instantly. He says it is amazing to feel the energy that is developed. As people use these skills, endorphins and other feel good chemicals are released.
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- Rick’s journey that led him to what he is doing to Fulfill Life’s Yearnings, which includes something his girlfriend told him (1:07).
- What Compassionate Communication is (5:15).
- Why people communicate dysfunctionally with one another and preventing us from getting closer to each other (6:43).
- The Holistic Aphrodisiac that feels amazing to experience (7:29).
- What’s wrong with “The Fix-It” Mode of communication and what to do instead to make the conversation a Win-Win (8:30).
- Why Rick loves about what he teaches to others (9:53).
- How to apply Compassionate Communication in our lives (11:54).
- How to express what you want, while getting it happily, by using OFNR (Observations, Feelings, Needs, Request) – Parents will love this one (15:00).
- How to enjoy your conversations with others and go deeper if wanted (Hint: There’s a lot of empathy involved) (21:09).
- How to get inner peace immediately (This one is good for you anger drivers out there) (24:22).
- The thing that will bring us closer in our relationships instantly (27:20).
- World Empathy Day (41:40).
- Rick’s definition of Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings (49:32).
- And much much more!
Want to Connect
You can connect with Rick on his website, which is listed in the Explore Additional Resources section below.
Join the Conversation
My favorite part of doing these podcasts is participating in the conversation they provoke. Each episode, I ask one FLY question. This episode, it is this:
Question: Would you use Compassionate Communication in your life, if it meant being able to have amazing relationships with others? Why or Why not. Share your answer on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.
Explore Additional Resources
In this episode we mentioned the following resources:
- Dr. Marshal Rosenburg – Visionary Peacemaker
- Rick’s Needs/Values List
- Carl Rogers
- Dr. Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
- Rick’s Website
- Rick’s YouTube Channel
- Rick’s Ebook – I Hear You, But… (For Free!)
Ask Me a Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can do so by clicking here. I’d love to hear from you.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you are new to the show, go here to and listen to FLY episode 001: Welcome to The Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings Podcast. This episode will catch you up to speed about: what my show is about, what Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings is, who I am, and the format of my show.
Another great episode that will get you up to speed is FLY episode 020: FLY Millennials Making History. On this episode, I share that I am expanding the show to include conversations with Millennials that are Fulfilling their Life’s Yearnings. These Millennials are writing the script of their lives to whatever they want it be, and are taking action on their dreams to make them a reality.
Share the Love
Thanks so much for joining me today in The FLY Zone. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note for Blake in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of this post.
Also, please leave an honest review for Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings with Blake Soulet here at http://www.fulfillinglifesyearnings.com/reviews. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and hugely appreciated! They do matter in getting the word out and raising awareness of the show, and I enjoy reading each and every one of them.
This post Founder of World Empathy Day, Rick Goodfriend, Talks Compassionate Communication appeared first on Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings.