Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings Looking At What Makes You Happy And Going After What You Want. -Katelyn Smith
What’s up FLY Zone,
Today I have Blogger and Digital Nomad, Katelyn Smith on the show and I am glad that she was able to join me in FLY Zone to talk about her journey from starting in Canada to now working remotely and traveling the world! Katelyn was easy to connect with and it was great to have on because of her positive spirit and her willingness to come on share her world with us for an hour.
If you are considering of following a different career path so that you can live as a digital nomad, this is great episode to listen to because her story will get you taking action on the things you want to do. As Katelyn says, “One small step and small action, can go a really long way.” Katelyn is Fulfilling her Life’s Yearnings. If she can, so can you.
This episode is full of laughter and good vibes and valuable information as Katelyn shares her life experiences with us.
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- Who Katelyn is and her journey that took her from Canada to living in Thailand as a digital nomad (1:30).
- The makings of Katelyn’s mental attitude that made her dream realistic (13:00).
- Her blog, The Remote Nomad
- How to become a digital nomad and the steps that Katelyn suggests to take if you want to work remotely (17:23).
- Types of jobs that people have done working remotely, just to give you an idea
- Resources for working remotely (26:16).
- The Remote Nomad community is a passionate and caring community (32:00).
- The most important tips Katelyn has to offer once you have left your fear behind and got the job you wanted to do remotely (33:53).
- How Remote Year works (40:40).
- A great metaphor for life, derived from traveling with luggage (42:55).
- How Katelyn manages her digital nomad lifestyle and the number one key to living it successfully (49:25).
- It’s important to act (57:40).
- That you can be free and happy now (58:50).
- Don’t take advice from your doubters (01:00:00).
- A few of Katelyn’s crazy/memorable experiences because of her lifestyle (01:02:00).
- A great book to read, Who Says You Can’t You Do by Daniel Chidiac (01:05:50).
- Katelyn’s cTa: Go after what you want in life (01:07:53).
- Katelyn’s definition of Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings: Look at what makes you happy and go after what you want (01:09:05).
Want to Connect
You can connect with Katelyn through her social media platforms below.
Join the Conversation
My favorite part of doing these podcasts is participating in the conversation they provoke. Each episode, I ask one FLY question. This episode, it is this:
Question: Katelyn’s cTa is going after what you want in life. What is it that you want in life? Take 5 minutes to ask yourself this question. What’s that nagging feeling you feel in your gut about what you want to do? Share your answer on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.
Explore Additional Resources
In this episode we mentioned the following resources:
- Book – The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss
- Book – Who Says You Can’t You Can by Daniel Chidiac
- Book – Remote: Office Not Required by Jason Fried, David Hansson
- Website – Katelyn’s Blog, The Remote Nomad
- Remote Year: Travel With Interesting People While Working Remotely
- Website – We Work Remotely: The best place to find and list jobs that aren’t restricted by commutes or a particular geographic area
- Website – Flex Jobs: Telecommuting
- Website – Remote Ok: Remote Jobs for Digital Nomads
- Website – HashTagNomads: Digital Nomad Chat Community
Ask Me a Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can do so by clicking here. I’d love to hear from you.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you are new to the show, go here to and listen to FLY episode 001: Welcome to The Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings Podcast. This episode will catch you up to speed about: what my show is about, what Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings is, who I am, and the format of my show.
Another great episode that will get you up to speed is FLY episode 020: FLY Millennials Making History. On this episode, I share that I am expanding the show to include conversations with Millennials that are Fulfilling their Life’s Yearnings. These Millennials are writing the script of their lives to whatever they want it be, and are taking action on their dreams to make them a reality.
Share the Love
Thanks so much for joining me today in The FLY Zone. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note for Blake in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of this post.
Also, please leave an honest review for Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings with Blake Soulet here at http://www.fulfillinglifesyearnings.com/reviews. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and hugely appreciated! They do matter in getting the word out and raising awareness of the show, and I enjoy reading each and every one of them.
This post Blogger, Katelyn Smith Talks Going After What You Want and Living Her Life As A Digital Nomad appeared first on Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings.