Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings Is Following Your Dreams and Realizing That Out Of Failure, You Learn Something Awesome From The Experience. -Kate Stephens
What’s up FLY Zone,
Today I had on Kate Stephens, the author of College Quicker: Practical Ways to Save Money and Get Your Degree Faster. I enjoyed our conversation, as we talked about her personal journey, her book and what we can do to graduate college early, her life as an author/entrepreneur, and the very the important life lessons she learned, by the result of following her dreams.
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- Kate’s story (1:40).
- How Kate’s book, College, Quicker: 24 Practical Ways to Save Money and Get Your Degree Faster, came about (4:10).
- What does the process look like for a student that wants to graduate college early and when is the best time to take advantage of the opportunities (6:30).
- What strategies Kate applied, which ultimately allowed her to graduate college early (8:40).
- Taking CLEP Exams for credit (10:00).
- Kate’s thoughts on getting college credits the non-traditional way (12:20).
- A fast-track opportunity that high school students can take advantage of (13:50).
- What you can do if you’re more of a hands-on student (14:50).
- The various ways in which you can get college credit (16:50).
- What opportunities Adult learners can take advantage of to get college credit (19:00).
- Kate’s thoughts on the ballooning costs of student debt (20:35).
- What Kate did to make money while she was in school (22:00).
- How much money Kate saved by graduating early (22:45).
- Whether these strategies can be applied to graduate studies (23:33).
- Kate’s thoughts about going to a particular school just because of the name and what to do when you have a major that you are thinking about switching (24:35).
- Kate’s thoughts on the benefit of her major in college and how it translate into everything that she is doing (26:40).
- How graduating early set Kate on an amazing journey, especially when she stayed true to herself (29:40).
- What’s next for Kate, why she doesn’t fear the unknown, and why limiting your options in life is not a good idea (32:00).
- The adventures that Kate experienced because of her book (34:00).
- How we can get our hands on a copy of Kate’s book (37:05).
- What the process was like for Kate in order to get a traditional book publisher (37:50).
- Whether it was difficult to break onto the scene as a new author (43:10).
- Kate’s Call to Action – Failure is the best thing ever (45:05).
- Kate’s definition of Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings – Following after your dreams, even if you fail, and realizing that there’s something awesome that you learned from the experience (48:20).
Want to Connect
You can connect with Kate through her social media platforms below.
Join the Conversation
My favorite part of doing these podcasts is participating in the conversation they provoke. Each episode, I ask one FLY question. This episode, it is this:
Question: Kate’s FLY Definition was following your dreams. Are you following your dreams? Will you continue to follow them even when you fail? Share your answer on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.
Explore Additional Resources
In this episode we mentioned the following resources:
- CLEP Exams
- Book – College, Quicker: 24 Practical Ways to Save Money and Get Your Degree Faster
- DSST College Credit Exams
Ask Me a Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can do so by clicking here. I’d love to hear from you.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you are new to the show, go here to and listen to FLY episode 001: Welcome to The Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings Podcast. This episode will catch you up to speed about: what my show is about, what Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings is, who I am, and the format of my show.
Another great episode that will get you up to speed is FLY episode 020: FLY Millennials Making History. On this episode, I share that I am expanding the show to include conversations with Millennials that are Fulfilling their Life’s Yearnings. These Millennials are writing the script of their lives to whatever they want it be, and are taking action on their dreams to make them a reality.
Share the Love
Thanks so much for joining me today in The FLY Zone. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note for Blake in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of this post.
Also, please leave an honest review for Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings with Blake Soulet here at http://www.fulfillinglifesyearnings.com/reviews. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and hugely appreciated! They do matter in getting the word out and raising awareness of the show, and I enjoy reading each and every one of them.