Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings Is Creating Something That Dramatically Improves The Peoples Lives In The Areas That I am Passionate About. – John Frye
What’s up FLY Zone,
Today I have on a great guy, by the name of John Frye, and I am excited to have him on the show because of how we connected. By this point, it is no secret that I connect with many of the people that I have on Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings, through the wonders of social media platforms, and John is no exception, except on how we connected.
I found him on a social media platform called levo.com and messaged him to see if he’d be interested in coming on the show. If you haven’t heard of Levo, it is definitely worth checking out. Levo arms you with the tools to develop your talent, build connections with peers, mentors, and jobs. Levo also makes is easy to stay inspired day in and day out as you grow and develop. They believe you can create a life you’re passionate about. – That’s something we both have in common.
Anyways, we were able to lock in a date that worked for both of our schedules, and then that date and time was rescheduled for a week later, bright and early in the morning. I was coming live from my FLY Studio and John was Skyping me from Sarasota, Florida, which I gotta say, sounds really good right about now, since it’s cold here in Michigan.
If you don’t already know John, my review of him is that he lives a very adventurous life. He’s a risk-taker, and he’s unafraid of failure. He’s an entrepreneur who loves pugs, dancing and saving the world! He moved to California when he was 17 and went to school at UC Santa Cruz. When he ran out of money and almost had to move back home to Florida with his parents, he was cast on ABC Family’s “Startup U”.
Startup U was a show featuring entrepreneurs competing for an investment from billionaire venture capitalist, Tim Draper, at his school, Draper University. After that experience, he dropped out of school to start Granted, the Angle List for Nonprofits.
In this episode we cover how John is Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings, but I am guessing you already knew that.
To hang with us and to hear what else we talked about (really great stuff), listen to today’s episode with one of the coolest guys out there Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings at 19 years old.
His 3 Favorite Topics To Talk About are:
- Hip Hop
- Personal Development
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- John’s story (01:30).
- What ABC Family’s TV show, “Startup U” is (02:30).
- How procrastination turned into something special (03:15).
- What John’s current project is – it’s called Young and Foolish, and he’s also starting a podcast (03:55).
- How being curious has made John’s live amazing and the people that influenced him (05:20).
- How to duplicate what John does as an entrepreneur (07:15).
- Step 1: Just do it!
- You can throw together an MVP (minimal viable product)
- You can Wizard of Oz it
- Step 2: Refining and perfecting your project
- Step 1: Just do it!
- John is into habits as opposed to goals and the things he has in the works for the new year (09:50).
- Why John has no problem with failing (12:20).
- Who helped John with his startups (13:30).
- Who he’s liking right now and in rap, and he even comments on Drake and Meek Mill (14:10).
- What he does for fun – He’s diving back into his passions (16:20). The answer he gives to this question is so telling about how an entrepreneur comes up with business ideas, so take note about what he says.
- How John balances his time. FYI, we have 168 hours to use in a week (19:30).
- His podcast comes out February 5th, 2016 (24:00).
- John’s definition of Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings (26:30).
Want to Connect
You can find ways to connect with John and learn more about him, as well as other tidbits, below in the Additional Resources Section.
Join the Conversation
My favorite part of doing these podcasts is participating in the conversation they provoke. Each episode, I ask one FLY question. This episode, it is this:
Question: What do you want to create that dramatically improves peoples lives in the area that you are passionate about? Share your answer on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.
Explore Additional Resources
In this episode we mentioned the following resources:
- Balanced App -Track the you wish you did more often.
- @JFryeOfficial – Twitter
- Silicon Valley Survival Guide – Book
Ask Me a Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can do so by clicking here. I’d love to hear from you.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you are new to the show, go here to and listen to FLY episode 001: Welcome to The Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings Podcast. This episode will catch you up to speed about: what my show is about, what Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings is, who I am, and the format of my show.
Another great episode that will get you up to speed is FLY episode 020: FLY Millennials Making History. On this episode, I share that I am expanding the show to include conversations with Millennials that are Fulfilling their Life’s Yearnings. These Millennials are writing the script of their lives to whatever they want it be, and are taking action on their dreams to make them a reality.
Share the Love
Thanks so much for joining me today in The FLY Zone. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note for Blake in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of this post.
Also, please leave an honest review for Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings with Blake Soulet here at http://www.fulfillinglifesyearnings.com/reviews. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and hugely appreciated! They do matter in getting the word out and raising awareness of the show, and I enjoy reading each and every one of them.