Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings Is Being Happy and Content, But Not Complacent. -Jay Scott
What’s up FLY Zone,
Today Jay Scott joins me in the FLY Zone, and we had a great time talking about his story and the great things he has gone on to do in his life. His story is full of insight, so enjoy!
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- Jay’s story (1:25).
- How he went from his parent’s basement at age 30 to having the most successful in home personal training business in Lexington KY by the time he was 32 (3:30).
- That there are many different ways to get to your goals (6:03).
- Jay’s relationship with failure and why he thought the world was against him (8:15).
- How taking his business online came about for Jay (11:45).
- Jay’s insights about Fitness and the Fitness Industry and why iScienceFit is valuable to use as a resource (14:07).
- The benefits of being healthy, especially as an entrepreneur (19:03).
- Why relying on anecdotal experience from working out counts as research for your personal benefit – working out returns you to your natural, optimal state (21:40).
- The best source for energy is not what you think – Do everything in moderation (24:05).
- What Jay gets out of helping others transform their lives and what it looks like for someone to use Full Disclosure Fitness and iScienceFit (25:50).
- The Full Disclosure Fitness Podcast (29:30).
- The process you go through if you use iScienceFit and the humanistic component that separates it from anything around (34:45).
- What Jay does to build his brand and the opportunities that have come along for him as a result – Entrepreneurship is like fishing (39:45).
- Jay’s Call to Action – Always start small and start with the most effective thing you can think of and remember why you started in the first place (48:15).
- Jay’s definition of Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings – Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings is being happy and content but not complacent (50:35).
Want to Connect
You can connect with Jay through his social media platforms below.
Join the Conversation
My favorite part of doing these podcasts is participating in the conversation they provoke. Each episode, I ask one FLY question. This episode, it is this:
Question: Jay said to always start small and to start with the most effective thing you can think of, and start doing it. What is something that you can do by starting small? What would be the most effective thing to start with? Share your answer on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.
Explore Additional Resources
In this episode we mentioned the following resources:
Ask Me a Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can do so by clicking here. I’d love to hear from you.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you are new to the show, go here to and listen to FLY episode 001: Welcome to The Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings Podcast. This episode will catch you up to speed about: what my show is about, what Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings is, who I am, and the format of my show.
Another great episode that will get you up to speed is FLY episode 020: FLY Millennials Making History. On this episode, I share that I am expanding the show to include conversations with Millennials that are Fulfilling their Life’s Yearnings. These Millennials are writing the script of their lives to whatever they want it be, and are taking action on their dreams to make them a reality.
Share the Love
Thanks so much for joining me today in The FLY Zone. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note for Blake in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of this post.
Also, please leave an honest review for Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings with Blake Soulet here at http://www.fulfillinglifesyearnings.com/reviews. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and hugely appreciated! They do matter in getting the word out and raising awareness of the show, and I enjoy reading each and every one of them.