Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings Is Living Your Purpose and Your Passion. -Dr. David James
What’s up FLY Zone,
Dr. James was a FLY guest that I had the pleasure of having on the show. As a Certified Hypnotherapist, his passion of helping others connect with their best selves really resonated with me and I am grateful he took the time to share his message on the podcast, as his subject matter is very fascinating.
We talked about his unique background experience, hypnotherapy, is history and how the practice works, as well as self-therapeutic strategies that one can use to improve the quality of his/her life.
Dr. James is down to Earth and his willingness to connect with others to talk about hypnotherapy, the strategies one can use, and the homework one can do on his/her own to train his/her mind to open to the possibilities that he/she wants, makes him an awesome guest to have on.
I highly recommend Dr. James, as he will be welcomed back on the show anytime. He is truly someone that cares about helping others connect with what they envision for themselves, their best self. He is definitely worth having on.
After all, he is Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings and is helping others around the world do the same, and that is incredible.
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- Dr. David James is, his background, and why he did the various things he did (1:10).
- Why he finds joy in helping others connect with their best self and what that means. He explains this by explaining how the mind works (4:40).
- The steps that Dr. James suggests that his clients use in order to Fulfill their Life’s Yearnings and the process that he guides them through from the very beginning (7:50).
- The difference between psychotherapy and hypnotherapy (Dr. James practices the latter) (10:20).
- That everyone who wants to be hypnotized can be (11:56).
- The metaphorical difference between left-brain and right-brain people (12:20).
- That hypnosis is a very normal thing – It’s a part of everyday life (13:00).
- Why people come in for hypnotherapy – It’s a viable alternative for personal change (14:30).
- How Dr. James guides clients to effective and happier lives (18:50).
- The history of hypnotherapy and where it draws its fundamental values from (24:00).
- The practices that Dr. James has his clients do when they aren’t in session with him so that they can continue to be their best self – It takes commitment (26:26).
- The suggestions Dr. James would offer to someone you can’t see a hypnotherapist – Develop a self-practice like meditation and medical benefits of doing that (29:30).
- The power of gratitude (33:00).
- Physical things you can put in your life to put you in your zone – anchors (36:50).
- Dr. James’ cTa (38:26).
- Dr. James definition of Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings (40:00).
Want to Connect
You can connect with Dr. David James through his website below.
Join the Conversation
My favorite part of doing these podcasts is participating in the conversation they provoke. Each episode, I ask one FLY question. This episode, it is this:
Question: Dr. James talked about being your best self through hypnotherapy or self-practice. What do you do to connect to your best self? Share your answer on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.
Explore Additional Resources
In this episode we mentioned the following resources:
Ask Me a Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can do so by clicking here. I’d love to hear from you.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you are new to the show, go here to and listen to FLY episode 001: Welcome to The Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings Podcast. This episode will catch you up to speed about: what my show is about, what Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings is, who I am, and the format of my show.
Another great episode that will get you up to speed is FLY episode 020: FLY Millennials Making History. On this episode, I share that I am expanding the show to include conversations with Millennials that are Fulfilling their Life’s Yearnings. These Millennials are writing the script of their lives to whatever they want it be, and are taking action on their dreams to make them a reality.
Share the Love
Thanks so much for joining me today in The FLY Zone. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note for Blake in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of this post.
Also, please leave an honest review for Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings with Blake Soulet here at http://www.fulfillinglifesyearnings.com/reviews. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and hugely appreciated! They do matter in getting the word out and raising awareness of the show, and I enjoy reading each and every one of them.
This post Hypnotherapist, Dr. David James Talks Creating Powerful Change appeared first on Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings.