Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings Is Listening To Yourself and Pursuing Opportunities You Are Passionate About. -David Silver
What’s up FLY Zone,
Today I welcome David Silver to Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings. David is the Founder and Executive Director of Detroit Horse Power, a nonprofit that is expanding opportunity for Detroit youth with a new urban equestrian center built on repurposed vacant land. I enjoyed having David on the show, as he had very meaningful topics to chat about about. Listen to hear about Detroit Horse Power and all the great things that are in happening in the Detroit community because of it.
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- David’s story (1:34).
- What set David off on his new course, after teaching for two years in Detroit (3:00).
- What David does with his 501(c)(3) nonprofit, Detroit Horse Power (4:40).
- What the process is for setting up a 501(c)(3) (6:50).
- The challenges that David has faced in getting Detroit Horse Power started (10:10).
- How you can help out with Detroit Horse Power (12:15).
- What David means by revitalizing Detroit and what expanding opportunities for Urban youth look like (13:40).
- What the population that David is serving is saying about what is happening in the city (17:45).
- How the first pilot program went for Detroit Horse Power (19:35).
- The growth of one of the girls from the first pilot program and the takeaway from past participants and their parents (22:35).
- How David feels about Detroit Horse Power and where he wants it to go (31:55).
- What an Urban Equestrian Center is, the criteria needed for one, and what David is looking to do with one in the city (33:32).
- Who Detroit Horse Power is for (35:30).
- Who works with David to get things done for Detroit Horse Power (37:25).
- Why setting priorities are essential (41:10).
- David’s cTa – Find others who are also passionate in what you are doing; It takes a team; Tap into different organizations that do what you feel compelled to do (44:00).
- David’s definition of Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings – Listening to yourself. Understanding who you are. What do you believe in? What matters to you? And then finding ways to connect with that, to be true to yourself, to pursue opportunities that you are passionate about (50:00).
Want to Connect
You can connect with David through his Facebook page in the Explore Additional Resources.
Join the Conversation
My favorite part of doing these podcasts is participating in the conversation they provoke. Each episode, I ask one FLY question. This episode, it is this:
Question: David found what he could do to Fulfill his Life’s Yearnings and positively impact the lives of others in the community he lives in. What need could be filled in your community? What could you do to fill it? Would it allow you to Fulfill Life’s Yearnings and positively impact the lives of others? Share your answer on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.
Explore Additional Resources
In this episode we mentioned the following resources:
Ask Me a Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can do so by clicking here. I’d love to hear from you.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you are new to the show, go here to and listen to FLY episode 001: Welcome to The Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings Podcast. This episode will catch you up to speed about: what my show is about, what Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings is, who I am, and the format of my show.
Another great episode that will get you up to speed is FLY episode 020: FLY Millennials Making History. On this episode, I share that I am expanding the show to include conversations with Millennials that are Fulfilling their Life’s Yearnings. These Millennials are writing the script of their lives to whatever they want it be, and are taking action on their dreams to make them a reality.
Share the Love
Thanks so much for joining me today in The FLY Zone. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note for Blake in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of this post.
Also, please leave an honest review for Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings with Blake Soulet here at http://www.fulfillinglifesyearnings.com/reviews. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and hugely appreciated! They do matter in getting the word out and raising awareness of the show, and I enjoy reading each and every one of them.
This post David Silver, Founder of Detroit Horse Power, Talks Expanding Opportunity For Detroit Youth appeared first on Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings®.