Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings Is Finding Out What Your Gift Is & Going After It 100 Percent. – Calvin Wayman
What’s up FLY Zone,
Today’s guest is Calvin Wayman. After quitting his day job to pursue his dream of working for himself, Calvin Wayman relocated from Salt Lake City to sunny southern California. He sold solar systems door to door to pay the bills and fund his online business. Wayman’s passion is helping entrepreneurs grow their businesses by taking advantage of modern tools and technology.
I reached out to Calvin on Facebook messenger back on January 13, 2016 at 2:37pm, after seeing post about him on another person’s Facebook page. That person is Eric Yang, who will also be a guest on a later podcast episode.
Calvin said yes, so we first hopped on Skype to connect and plan the episode. We had that talk and everything went well so we scheduled to have the show on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 at 10:10am (EST), 7:10am (PST).
I am over here in Michigan and Calvin is in California, so it was cool of him to hop on the podcast with me so early in the morning. He was a great guest and I enjoyed talking with him and learning from him. He was like the best business professor because he was very passionate about what we were discussing, and you can hear it in his tone. Hanging with Calvin was a fantastic way to spend an hour, and you’ll feel the same way that I do while you’re hanging with us.
Thanks for a great show Calvin!
His 3 Favorite Topics To Talk About are:
- Social Media
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- That entrepreneurs need to learn how to sale themselves
- That main principles of sales
- P.1. – Trust between you and the person you are talking to
- P.2. – Relevant Value (Need it). Value is subjective
- P.3. – Knowing the person’s need: Understand the pain point
- P.4. – Now – Sales Happen Now; Have Urgency/Scarcity To Buy Something Now
- You must become interested in the other person to gain Trust
- Ask questions to understand need. Doing this makes you an expert and gains you trust [Also throw in Urgency]
- That Audible is a Godsend, especially since he doesn’t read
- How he achieved Great Failure as a Salesman
- Why it is important to follow the leader
- Two important sales lessons that will make or break you
- You never hang up the phone ever, until after the customer
- When someone says no, the worst that can happen is the status quo
- A Role-playing performance between myself and Calvin
- Important things should consider doing:
- 1. Be highly coachable: Scale of 1-10… High Willingness to Learn (10) x Willingness to Change (10) = 100
- 2. Study – Work to Learn, not work to Earn
- 3. Get a Mentor: Books can be your mentors
- Books to read (listed in additional resources section)
- Call To Action: Just Do It. It’s Harder Than You Think. Do It Anyway
- FLY Def: Finding Out What Your Gift Is & Going After It 100 Percent
Want to Connect
You can find ways to connect with Calvin and learn more about him, as well as other tidbits, below in the Additional Resources Section.
Join the Conversation
My favorite part of doing these podcasts is participating in the conversation they provoke. Each episode, I ask one FLY question. This episode, it is this:
Question: Have you found out what your gift is? Are you going after it 100 percent? Share your answer on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.
Explore Additional Resources
In this episode we mentioned the following resources:
- Calvin’s website, CalvinWayman.com
- Calvin’s Periscope Course at ThePeriscopePro.com
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad
- How To Win Friends & Influence People
- Getting Past No
- Getting To Yes
- The Greatest Salesman In The World
- Sale or Be Sold
- The Four Hour Workweek
Ask Me a Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can do so by clicking here. I’d love to hear from you.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you are new to the show, go here to and listen to FLY episode 001: Welcome to The Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings Podcast. This episode will catch you up to speed about: what my show is about, what Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings is, who I am, and the format of my show.
Another great episode that will get you up to speed is FLY episode 020: FLY Millennials Making History. On this episode, I share that I am expanding the show to include conversations with Millennials that are Fulfilling their Life’s Yearnings. These Millennials are writing the script of their lives to whatever they want it be, and are taking action on their dreams to make them a reality.
Share the Love
Thanks so much for joining me today in The FLY Zone. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note for Blake in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of this post.
Also, please leave an honest review for Fulfilling Life’s Yearnings with Blake Soulet here at http://www.fulfillinglifesyearnings.com/reviews. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and hugely appreciated! They do matter in getting the word out and raising awareness of the show, and I enjoy reading each and every one of them.